The purpose for this award is to recognize an outstanding Site Coordinator for Clinical Education (SCCE) who consistently demonstrate exceptional skills in the supervision and education of Clinical Instructors through mentoring as well as serving as a role model for Clinical Education. Emphasis is placed on quality of teaching, communication, interpersonal relationships, professional competence, mentoring, modeling, and professionalism.
Nominee's must be a licensed PT or PTA with at least three years' experience as a SCCE supervising multiple Clinical Instructors and coordinating PT/PTA clinical experiences at one or more clinical sites.
The nominee must also meet the following criteria:
- Member of the APTA
- Level 1 Credentialed Clinical Instructor
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Recipient distinguishes themselves as an outstanding SCCE through the demonstration of qualities as a SCCE based on established APTA criteria including mentoring, modeling, clinical competence, communication/interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, program planning, teaching/instructional skills, supervisory and evaluation skills, and professionalism
- Nominee demonstrates outstanding qualities as a SCCE based on established criteria.
- The outstanding qualities will be documented through information obtained from Academic Program and Clinical recommendation forms and recommendation letters.
- Documentation will distinguish and support the "outstanding" qualities of the nominee as compared to that of other SCCE's.
Individuals who are current members of the Academy of Education Board of Directors, the APTA Board of Directors, or APTA Staff are not eligible for the award and may not participate in the nomination process.
If a nominee was not selected for the award, the nominator may re-submit the same nomination one time only in the next year with the option of updating supporting documents. If the nomination is submitted in subsequent years, the packet must be completely updated.