Purpose: to honor an individual who has provided exemplary service or noteworthy contributions in advancing the vision, mission or goals of the APTA Academy of Education. All Academy members are eligible as are non-Academy members whose contributions warrant the honor.
Any Academy member may nominate an individual for the President's Award. Persons making a nomination should submit a letter of nomination discussing why the individual should be considered for the President's Award.
Individuals who are current members of the APTA Academy of Education Awards Committee or the APTA Academy of Education Board of Directors are not eligible for this award.
A plaque will be given to the recipient(s) and the first award(s) will be given during CSM.
- 2023 - Joyce Maring, PT, DPT, EdD
- 2023 - Susan Wainwright, PT, PhD
- 2022 - Lisa Stejskal, PTA, MAEd
- 2021 - Corrie Odom, PT, DPT, MS
- 2020 - FA Davis, Publishers
- 2020 - Justin Berry, PT, DPT, PhD
- 2018 - Johnette L. Meadows, PT, MS
- 2018 - Robyn Watson Ellerbe, PhD, MPH
- 2017 - Justin Elliott
- 2017 - Justin Moore, PT, DPT
- 2016 - Elizabeth Mostrom, PT, PhD, FAPTA
- 2016 - Laurie Kontney, PT, DPT, MS
- 2015 - Ellen Susan Price, PT, MEd
- 2014 - Jody Shapiro Frost, PT, DPT, PhD, FAPTA
- 2014 - Mary Jane Harris, PT, BSPT, MS