Purpose: to honor an individual who has provided exemplary service or noteworthy contributions in advancing the vision, mission or goals of the APTA Academy of Education. All Academy members are eligible as are non-Academy members whose contributions warrant the honor.
- Any Academy member may nominate an individual for the President's Award. Persons making a nomination should submit a letter of nomination discussing why the individual should be considered for the President's Award.
- Send ONE PDF file of the nomination letter by email to email@example.com. The nomination packet must be received in the APTA Academy of Education office by November 1, 2020, 5 pm Eastern Time.
- Final decision(s) will be made by the President with the support of the Board.
- During any year, up to two individuals may receive this award.
- There may be years when this award is not given.
Individuals who are current members of the APTA Academy of Education Awards Committee or the APTA Academy of Education Board of Directors are not eligible for this award.
A plaque will be given to the recipient(s) and the first award(s) will be given during CSM.
- 2020 - Berry, Justin
- 2020 - Davis, JA
- 2018 - Ellerbe, Robyn Watson
- 2018 - Meadows, Johnette
- 2017 - Justin Elliott, Justin
- 2017 - Justin Moore, Justin
- 2016 - Kontney, Laurie
- 2016 - Mostrom, Elizabeth
- 2015 - Price, Ellen
- 2014 - Frost, Jody Shapiro
- 2014 - Harris, Mary Jane