We are excited to welcome our attendees to the Educational Leadership Conference 2021 in Atlanta, GA, from Oct. 22-24, 2021.
The APTA Academy of Education (The Academy) and American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT) ask for your help to ensure the safety of all attendees at this event, which will operate consistent with CDC, state, and venue guidance and restrictions related to COVID-19. Participants will receive a logistics email on October 7 with this and additional information.
These are our expectations for participation based on existing rules and best practices:
- Vaccines: ACAPT and the Academy strongly recommends that attendees are vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of participation. Proof of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours will be required at registration in order for participants to claim their required participation badge. A photo of a vaccination card or negative test result on your phone is sufficient as proof.
- Masks: Regardless of vaccination status, masks will be required for all indoor events, except when speaking at a microphone as part of event proceedings or when in the act of eating or drinking. This includes exhibitors in the exhibit hall.
- Personal responsibility: If you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms. or believe you encountered someone with COVID-19, please get a test.
- Sanitizing Stations: Will be available throughout the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Hotel center, especially in high touch point areas.
- Meeting Room Set: The Hyatt Regency Atlanta Hotel will set all meeting rooms in two thirds of the room's capacity. The meeting room set is a theatre-style set, non-interlocking. The meeting set will allow those who would like to move their chair against an air wall and out of traffic patterns if desired.
- Space to Collaborate and Social Distance: Our meeting space at the Hyatt Atlanta Regency Hotel is located on three separate floors. Attendees will have plenty of room to network safely. Click Here for the Floor Plan.
- Food and Beverage: Meal functions will have a buffet set up one-sided with a plexus glass between the workers and the attendees. The Hyatt staff will be masked and serve our attendees for all meals except our grab-and-go menu options.
In addition to the above, the Academy and ACAPT will take the following actions:
- Complimentary masks: Face masks will be provided to any attendee that needs one at the registration desk.
- Indicator ribbons: At registration, attendees may pick up ribbons for their badges to indicate if they would prefer elbow bumps to handshakes or would prefer to avoid physical contact altogether.
The above approach is consistent with current guidelines.
We are looking forward to seeing you in October, and we thank you for your cooperation to enable everyone to have a healthy experience.
Thank you to all who have registered and if you haven't already, learn more about ELC and register by September 30 to save $100.