July 16-19, 2020
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Formulate a personal and professional development plan balancing academic, personal, and professional responsibilities in the areas of teaching, scholarly activity, and service in the academic environment.
- Cultivate beneficial collegial relationships.
- Mentor professional behaviors needed for success in PT education.
- Consider the differences in learning styles across generations when planning educational activities.
- Develop an evidence-based course including objectives, teaching and evaluation methods.
- Design strategies to integrate and document the scholarship of teaching and learning.
The primary audience for the workshop is full-time faculty in the first 4 years of teaching in a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant education program.Â Priority enrollment will be given to members of the Academy of Physical Therapy Education, (APTE). Maximum enrollment is 75 participants.
Please do not make travel arrangements until you receive confirmation of registration.
CONTENT & FORMAT
The workshop is designed to be interactive with content that can be applied immediately.
Enrolled participants will receive a list of items to bring to the workshop, such as: curriculum vitae, promotion and tenure policies, course syllabi, test samples, individual development plans, etc.