Collaborative Clinical Education:
Success in the 2:1 Model
Webinar Recording Available
A special thank you to the APTA Academy of Education Clinical Education Special Interest Group and the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy National Consortium of Clinical Educators for sponsoring the event.
This Toolkit is designed to be used specifically with collaboration between academic programs and clinical sites, providing support and structure for clinical instructors working with students in the 2:1 Model. The authors of the Toolkit make the following recommendations:
- The Toolkit is specifically designed to be used by CIs in collaboration with the academic program. An academic program representative should allot time to review the Toolkit and discuss the experience with CI prior to the start date.
- The 2:1 model can be successful even with students from different academic programs, however preparation and communication in the following ways is critical for success:
- at least one of the 2 academic programs should be in communication with the CI as a resource/contact for managing the experience.
- inform the students they will be in a 2:1 prior to the experience; connect the students to allow discussion on learning styles and individual goals for the experience.
- Be sure to prepare students for the model by introducing them to the Toolkit as well.
To Review the Recording, Complete the Assessment and
Receive your CEU Certificate,
Please Log in to the