ELC 2021 Abstact Submission Opens Mar 16!
The APTE Academy of Education and the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT) encourage you to submit educational sessions, platform, and poster presentation proposals for the Educational Leadership Conference 2021. Abstracts are accepted from March 16 until April 24, 2021. Notification for Acceptance will be sent on June 4, 2021.
We invite academic administrators, faculty, and clinicians to engage with one another in the conference titled Excellence in Physical Therapy Education.
To Build A Speaker Profile And To Start The Submission Process
This highly interactive 4.5-day virtual workshop provides participants with the expertise and support to be successful at the national level in obtaining funding for education research. We bring together a nationally recognized group of mentors and consultants as faculty, including representatives from potential funding agencies in a virtual space to support participants work. The workshop provides guidance in developing robust and theoretically grounded research agendas, research design and analysis (multiple methods); identifying “best-bet” funding sources; grant writing and budgeting; and creating intra-and inter-institutional collaborative research networks and projects. Some didactic sessions are included but the centerpiece of the workshop is one-on-one mentoring through breakout sessions that provide the opportunity for participants to interact with a community of scholars and representatives from organizations that fund education research.
To provide these exceptional opportunities, attendance is targeted to be 16 participants. Participants need to have some experience with publishing in education research and already have ideas for grant applications. Selection of participants is competitive, and applications open on December 15, 2020 and close March 8, 2021 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Once participants are identified, they will be paired with mentors with education research experience and expertise. Engagement of mentors and participants will occur prior to, during, and following the workshop to develop sound education research proposals that maximize chances for successful funding and publication. The overall aim is to create and expand a cadre of highly-qualified, networked and productive education researchers who will advance the science of physical therapist education, make significant contributions to the literature, and ultimately enhance physical therapy education and practice today and in the future.
Applications will open on December 15, 2020 and close March 8, 2021
Cost: $1500* (paid by applicant’s institution)
Please click below to complete the 2021 GAMER application.
Contact Rick Segal at email@example.com with questions.
*Rate is for a member of one of the sponsoring organizations. Non-members will pay an unsubsidized
Physical Therapy Faculty Development Workshop-2021
(Formally, New Faculty Development Workship)
2021 Dates of Synchronous Sessions (all times are EDT)
Tuesday, July 13, 3:00PM to 6:00PM
Wednesday, July 14, 11:00AM to 5:00PM
Wednesday, July 21, 11:00AM to 5:00PM
Wednesday, July 28, 11:00AM to 5:00PM
Thursday, July 29, 11:00AM to 5:00PM (For DCEs only)
$350 for APTA Academy of Education members
$400 for APTA members
$450 for non-APTA members
Additional $125 for DCE portion of workshop
Registration Deadline is June 11, 2021
- The overall goal of the workshop is to introduce novice faculty to their roles in the academy and facilitate their professional growth as faculty members. Participants will create a personal sustainable development plan that considers academic responsibilities in teaching, scholarship and service. Additionally, the workshop will assist participants in initiating and cultivating a network of academic colleagues among workshop participants and faculty. Importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging will be themes throughout.
Specific learning opportunities
- The life of a faculty member:
- Teaching and Learning:
- Developing Students’ Professionalism:
- DCE as Faculty Member
21 Contact Hours
- Carol Beckel, PT, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education Physical Therapy, St Louis University
- Lois Hedman, PT, MS, DScPT, Professor of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
- Christie Cohoon, PT, DPT, OCS St. Louis Community College PTA program director and clinical coordinator
- William E. Healey, PT, EdD, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy, Associate Professor and Associate Chair of Professional Education, Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Kirsten Potter, PT, DPT, MS; Professor, Department of Physical Therapy; Director, Rockhurst University Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning
- Alice Salzman, BS, MA, EdD, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
- Rachel Tappan, PT, DPT, Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy, Assistant Professor, Dept of Physical Therapy & Human Movement Sciences, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Niki Wallen, PTA, BS, MOL, PTA Program Director at Ozarks Technical Community College
The deadline for the registration is June 11 2021. Early registration is encouraged to ensure enrollment. New FDW is limited to 50 participants.
APTE/APTA Member: $350
- Add on DCE/ACCE Workshop: $125 – Limited to 30
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the Banners Below to Sign up to Be Notified for 2022 ELC Future Plans