The third webinar of our 2022-2023 series will be held on Thursday, December 1, 2022, from 7:00 PM EST to 8:00 PM EST. In this webinar, PTA educators from 4 different programs share curricular changes they've made to maintain/improve their licensure passing rates during the COVID era. Following a brief literature review of known factors that impact licensure exam success, presenters will review strategies that their programs all use, and then each presenter will highlight unique strategies that their program implemented to help ensure success. Each will address the rationale behind their changes and the evidence that validates the success of their changes. The presenters will include: Holly Clynch PT, DPT, MA from St. Catherine University, Niki Wallen PTA, BS, MOL from Ozarks Technical Community College, Drew Wilcox PTA, PhD from Dixie State University, and Deanne Grier Yates, PTA, PhD from Kansas City Kansas Community College.
Level of Audience: Basic
Target Audience: PT/PTA/Academic
After completing this webinar you will be able to:
- Identify commonly-used strategies for improving licensure pass rates
- Compare and contrast strategies used by programs with different characteristics (faculty FTE, cohort size, etc.)
- Discuss related/unintended consequences (pros and cons) of implementing admission/curricular changes aimed at improving licensure pass rates (eg. losing more students along the way due to written exam passing score requirements, etc.)
Reserve your spot now. There is a 100-participant limit.
After the webinar, the webinar and assessment will be posted on the APTA Learning Center. Upon completion of this assessment, you will receive your CEU certificate. CEU: 0.10*
*CEU accreditation for all states except for Ohio.
- deadline for the registration is December 1, 2022. PTAE SIG Webinar is limited to 100 participants.
- APTE Member: Complimentary
- Non-Member: Complimentary
You will not need a credit card to register. Complete all necessary information except the credit card entry. Then click submit to purchase.
Webinar recordings are available to all APTA members within two weeks in the APTA Learning Center. You do not need to register to access the recordings
About The Speaker(s)
Holly Clynch PT, DPT, MA from St. Catherine University
Niki Wallen PTA, BS, MOL from Ozarks Technical Community College
Drew Wilcox PTA, PhD from Dixie State University
Deanne Grier Yates, PTA, PhD from Kansas City Kansas Community College.