21 FDW is Full
Physical Therapy Faculty Development Workshop-2021
- The overall goal of the workshop is to introduce novice faculty to their roles in the academy and facilitate their professional growth as faculty members. Participants will create a personal sustainable development plan that considers academic responsibilities in teaching, scholarship and service. Additionally, the workshop will assist participants in initiating and cultivating a network of academic colleagues among workshop participants and faculty. Importance of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging will be themes throughout.
Specific learning opportunities
- The life of a faculty member:
- Teaching and Learning:
- Developing Students’ Professionalism:
- DCE as Faculty Member
This workshop is designed for full time PT or PTA faculty who have less than 5 years of experience as a faculty member. When registering, participants must provide a statement from their program director indicating their acknowledgement and support of the participant’s time commitment for the duration of the workshop. The workshop is limited to 50 participants.
The workshop is fully online. Participants will engage in asynchronous and synchronous activities and have opportunities for mentoring by workshop faculty. Learning activities may comprise
With your registration you will be asked to include a signed statement of support from your program director for your participation in the full workshop.
Given that there may be discussion about sensitive issues and difficulties faced by some participants in their roles as faculty, participants and faculty will be asked to agree to a promise of confidentiality.
CEUs: 21 Contact Hours
- Carol Beckel, PT, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Education Physical Therapy, St Louis University
- Lois Hedman, PT, MS, DScPT, Professor of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
- Christie Cohoon, PT, DPT, OCS St. Louis Community College PTA program director and clinical coordinator
- William E. Healey, PT, EdD, Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy, Associate Professor and Associate Chair of Professional Education, Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Kirsten Potter, PT, DPT, MS; Professor, Department of Physical Therapy; Director, Rockhurst University Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning
- Alice Salzman, BS, MA, EdD, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
- Rachel Tappan, PT, DPT, Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy, Assistant Professor, Dept of Physical Therapy & Human Movement Sciences, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Niki Wallen, PTA, BS, MOL, PTA Program Director at Ozarks Technical Community College
- Angela Wallace, PTA, McHenry County College